Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Chapter 1 . . .

Well, if Beth can deliver on her promise to help us overcome our insecurity, I'm super excited! I was looking over some of the previous blog comments and I saw one from myself talking about insecurity in May so I know I need this. My prayer is that each of us will learn how to overcome our insecurities, but more importantly than that; I pray that we will apply that knowledge!

Here's what stood out to me in chapter 1:
Insecurity: cripples us, makes fools out of us, makes us miserable, makes us feel worthless and is a form of self-sabotage. The first step to curing insecurity is understanding it. She also warns us that our insecurities won't go away quietly; we will have to scream the truth louder than the lies. I love that she talks about things that each of us have and/or will struggle with. Beth brought up a point that I think of all too often: "what more could I want?" I feel as though God has been so amazing to me, I have a wonderful family, a great church and all of the physical security in this world . . . so how does that make me feel? INSECURE about being insecure LOL . . . it's such a vicious cycle for me. She mentions that she dislikes how she is sometimes "needy and hysterical" - I'm not sure that I personally get hysterical over an issue, but I can easily be placed in the needy category. I'm so encouraged that she mentions falling into the same traps over and over again because I do just that . . . It's like that song the good news club students sing "i get down, He lifts me up. I get down, He lifts me up. I get down . . .

My prayer is that we will remember this journey - I'm actually taking notes as I read this book - that seems so lame, but I would so have been that disciple whom Jesus had to ask "are you still so dull?" =0)

I love you ladies and I'm looking forward to seeing you on Monday - feel free to make your own observations as you read.

in His love,
crystal

No comments: