Saturday, October 2, 2010

God's Love Forgives

God showed me through His precious word that we don't need (and won't necessarily receive) human forgiveness, but that He forgives all of our sin. One of the verses He showed me this week:

The LORD is compassionate and gracious,
slow to anger, abounding in love.
He will not always accuse,
nor will he harbor his anger forever;
he does not treat us as our sins deserve
or repay us according to our iniquities.
For as high as the heavens are above the earth,
so great is his love for those that fear him;
as far as the east is from the west,
so far has he removed our transgressions from us.
As a father has compassion on his children,
so the LORD has compassion on those who fear him;
for he knows how we are formed,
he remembers that we are dust.

-Psalm 103:8-14, NIV

Don't you just love David?! He had every reason for insecurities, yet he was strong in his faith that God would be faithful in His love, remember that we are mere dust, and forgive us all! Why do we worry about what people think of us, when it is God's opinion that ultimately matters?

I'm not saying at all that I am now immediately free from insecurities, or overnight in my sleep understood that to be true, but what a reassuring thing it is to realize that it is true!

(It occurs to me that in failing to "allow" God to forgive me for past sin, I once again put God in a box...and He once again showed me that He did not - would not - be contained in it...)

-April

1 comment:

~Crystal~ said...

Thank you or sharing this Psalm and thank you for the insight that we may receive God's forgiveness, but not the forgiveness of others and that's ok! :). Love you!