Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Coulda, Shoulda, Woulda . . .

Tracie just called and told me that they are putting my grandpa on hospice care, which makes me happy that his suffering will hopefully be short, but sad at the same time. Where did all of the years go? Why did I stop visiting as often as I used to? I could have and should have made more of an effort to play an active role in his life in the nursing home, but I didn't. I am thankful that my children know him and that he knows my children. I'm thankful that God brought Laura into my life and gave her the desire to encourage me to visit my grandparents. I am thankful that my Jesus is my grandpa's Savior. God is so good to us.

I sang at my friend's grandpa's funeral the day I found out that my grandpa had cancer, which was surreal. Funny enough, I'm sure that day prepared me for my own grandpa's funeral. Friday, I'm singing at the same friend's grandma's funeral, can you imagine dying within a week of your spouse of however many years? What a blessing.

I'm sorry for those of you who have lost loved ones, and I'm sorry for those of you who will lose loved ones, but always remember that God is in control. When you feel lost and alone, He is there for you, in the good times and the bad times. Thank you guys for being my friend. Thank you for allowing me to vent. Thank you for the wonderful fellowship the other night.

in His love,
crystal

2 comments:

Kimberly said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your Grandpa. I'll be praying for you and your family as you walk through these final days with your Grandpa. Also, I'll be praying he is comfortable during this time too.

~Crystal~ said...

Thank you, Kimberly. I so appreciate your prayers for our group and for me. You're a great friend!