Monday, October 18, 2010

ch 5 thoughts

I'm on my third day of reading chapter 5 now. I've had to break it into parts, because it is so difficult for me to handle. It lists categories of reasons why we could face insecurity in our lives, and so far each one has been true for me. Talk about bringing up & rehashing old stuff hidden in the back closets of my mind!

Last night, right after I finished crying out to God in anguish over some of it, and asking him to send someone to me with a message of hope for me, my sister sent the following in an email to me. I just now read it - it did not occur to me last night to check my email - I thought the phone would ring...

"We all need to trust God more. Sometimes we are strong and sometimes we struggle, but He is always faithful. Remember Elijah. One day he is standing up to all the prophets of Baal and asking God to send down fire. God sends fire. The next day he is hiding from Queen Jezebel who has promised to kill him. God sends angels to minister to him, and God himself speaks to him and restores him to duty. God does the same for us. He is like a good father teaching his child to walk. When we walk by faith, He cheers us on. When we loose our faith(balance) and fall, he is there to help us up and encourage us to walk again!"

God is so very good!!! Saturday night I lost my spiritual balance, and Sunday morning God sent me messages of hope & encouragement & restoration, helping me to stand back up & start to walk with Him again. Sunday (last) night I fell again, and once again He helped me back up. Thank you, God!!!

If you have fallen, my hope is that God reaches His strong hand down to you & helps you stand & walk again with Him today with renewed faith!

See you tonight,
April

No comments: