Sunday, May 23, 2010

Breaking Free, Week 2, Day 4

Wow, ladies!!! I just finished day four and I can barely contain myself! God showed me such a fresh perspective on Isaiah 48:18. Yes, God promises us peace like a river if we trust Him, keep our minds steadfast, seek righteousness, walk uprightly, and recognize Jesus' authority in our lives (to name a few)! Funny enough, I've always pictured a peaceful lake without even realizing it! A river has twists, turns, boulders, pebbles, obstacles, low points, high points, rapids and plunges! A river can move slowly or swiftly. A river can be warm or cold. A river responds to the changes happening in and around it, but it usually moves on, continually flowing toward its destination. God is promising us peace in our ever changing environment. What an amazing God we serve. I am so grateful that His word is living and active. I love reading a verse for the 50th time and getting a never before seen perspective. God is so good. I hope that the next time you need His peace, that you realize that you already have it, all you need to do is put it to good use! See you tomorrow! =0)

in His love,
crystal

1 comment:

Only_fear_the_Lord said...

Ok let me try this again. I just wrote a comment and realized I had a blog from a few years ago clicked on it and lost my comment.....
I have been blessed by the study this week and been diligent to catch up on my homework too. I love the peace like a river verse and feel like I have white water rafted at times in my life.
Day 5 Gods Presence made me realize how God has carried me through the darkest times of loss & grief . The times I have felt no peace have been times of fear over my children and I have committed that fear to God. Praying for you all. God Bless.Laura