Saturday, May 21, 2011

The Heart of Wisdom

Well I don't know about you ladies, but I am enjoying the bible study so far. This week, Beth Moore said 'Sometimes we can't change our circumstances, but we can put our hope in God and change our attitude'. That is particularly relevant for me as I go through a transition period in my life. I need to confess my sin of sitting around and griping about my situation. I need to focus my efforts toward working out this issue with my God, my Savior, my friend. I don't need to vent to those around me, I need to spend focused time in prayer, crying out to God, and trusting Him to handle my situation. There is no one on earth like God, no one who knows me so well, no one who understands how and why I hurt. My prayer for all of us is that we will learn to trust God when our circumstances are less than ideal. This weekend, and especially Monday, please keep all of us ladies in your prayers. Remember those of us who struggle with coming. Our enemy seeks to destroy us and I believe that he would want nothing more than for our group to fall apart. The fellowship and encouragement is such an important part of my week and I love each of you dearly. I look forward to seeing you Monday! Here are the prayer requests . . . sorry for the delay!

Connie seeks guidance with what she's supposed to be doing with her business

Denise asks for prayer for her husband who is getting over an infection

Tiffani asks for prayer for her husband because he seems to be coming around; please ask that God delivers him from his addiction to drugs

Please pray that Tracie will get over her fears and learn to enjoy bible study

Please pray that Luisa can keep trusting God with her family and that she will rely on the fact that Jesus came to give us life more abundantly. Please pray that she will rest in God and trust Him totally

Nat asks for prayer for her sister who has been a long time drug addict and also for prayers that she's successful in her substance abuse program. Please also keep her parents in your prayers as they struggle with feelings of guilt and failure.

Please pray that Mark and I will be obedient to God and His desire for our life. Please pray that we will work as though working for the Lord and not for man. Pray that we will be faithful with what God has called us to do. Pray that we will be loving and forgiving when people behave differently than we expect. Help us remember that God is in control. Please also pray for Mark as he has had a very tough time this week. He is discouraged and I absolutely abhor seeing him like this. Please pray that our church finds a worship leader quickly or that God works miraculously in our midst. Please pray for those in our congregation who are struggling with our lack of being able to commit to this church for the next two years, help them remember that God's plan is way better than our plan.

Kelly Jo asks for her nightmares to go away. She also asks for prayer for her mom and for safe travel as they come back to town next weekend! =0)

Lynn - please pray for her husband Brooke - he has been having chest pains.

Thanks ladies!!! I look forward to seeing you very soon =0)

in His love,
crystal

3 comments:

Natalija said...

I will keep these requests on my heart. Thank you Crystal!

~Crystal~ said...

=0) Thanks Natalija!

Anonymous said...

Thank you Lord for all that you do and all that you are. We love you. I want to ask for prayer that I will not continue to be a "helicopper mom". Give me the strength to completely give my children to you and to trust you with them. I know I've done all I can and now I give it to you Lord. Thank you Jesus for my sisters in Christ in this bible study group.

Lynn